Monday, February 22, 2010

Wherever...

WHEREVER YOU GO...

Its been said before, I'm sure - that nothing ever stays the same. Always changing, rearranging - sometimes up sometimes down, the wheel of life goes round and round. It seems to me that in our hurry to make something of our lives - we stop living. I don't mean that our heart stops beating or that we cease to exist, no - but instead of reaching out to the world around us, we hold back...Somehow our true feelings, and our fear of failure collide, and we shrink back from our real purpose and mission in life. We run away. And as we run we keep telling ourselves that we are running to catch up with life... Never realizing that life is slipping away from us... The sun is setting, but we call it sunrise! On and on we run...

So just now I want to stop! Turn around and see just how far I have come. What does it mean to "get a life"? I feel my heart beating... I know the tune I'm humming... And yet I keep looking for, searching and longing for, something more. Something so elusive that words cannot describe it. Beyond space and time - somewhere out there - I know I must find it; in order to be happy. In order to say I am alive! Just now... I should let my hair down... close my eyes, and open my heart... Feelings like these are so deep, we go through life hardly able to admit that we have them. We argue and fight in a futile attempt to separate ourselves from the fear which haunts our interactions with others so near and dear to us. We shiver in the cold as we see our lives, slipping away...So it is in life. We are what we think. In a moment, in an instant, it can all be gone. Changed forever... I know this all too well... My life can attest to the truth of it. Now is the time to stop! Turn around and begin to live life to its fullest. Never allowing the fear of the unknown to wrestle the sacred spirit of who you are from the confines of your mind. Take it all back!...

In an instant I know who I am. Who I can become. I know my destiny awaits!...Just now, as the sun begins to shine on a new day - as the waterfalls' mist mixes with the dewdrop on the petal of a rose - just know that wherever you go... My love goes with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment