Monday, February 22, 2010

Next Time...

Next Time...Fri Mar 8, 2008, 6:22 AM

It's six o'clock in the morning, and my mind is somewhere else in the mystikal world where dreams melt into reality and nothing is ever quite the same again. On the brink of some long forgotten past, I stand... The cloudy skys - all aglow, tinged with the fading moonlight, covered by the azure sparkles of the sun rising above the horizon. The world seems so peaceful - when it's fast asleep. Before the rush of traffic looms its ugly head. I watch the sunlight as it dances on the water in front of me - the ocean's waves with its foam dripping like frosting - cascading down onto the wind whipped sand. Thinking back, over my life, I have to smile when I see how the years have flown by - in a flash... gone! The memories... Bittersweet memories. The moments I treasure...Maybe next time I will get it right! Maybe next time I'll have all my ducks in a row... Everyone will cheer to see me up so high; I'll be someone who everyone looks up to. Maybe next time...But who am I kidding? This time is all I've got. This time around, the flowers are blooming and spring is in the air! This time, I have the knowledge, no - the wisdom to carry on with the knowing that as long as I've made a difference in one person's life - showed my true feelings - and loved the moment, that is enough! This time I look for the meaning in all the meaningless hustle and bustle we call life.I know it's all a little bit personal. A bit tacky... you're probably wondering where I am going with all of this dribble... Well, it's my birthday - and I feel like letting go...So, I will... For once in my life I won't shed a tear. I won't cry. I won't say, 'Next time... No! Living for the moment! Ah, yes! It's my birthday!... And I feel good!

No comments:

Post a Comment